During the course, you will get a general picture of the theoretical and practical opportunities of a motion picture, and an insight into certain sections of the profession.
By the end of the course, you will have a secure theoretical knowledge about the features of visual communication and you will be able to create motion picture materials. Due to the extensive practical training, you will surely find the area which is the closest to your personality and interests.
WHAT CAN YOU STUDY?
- Making short films, television scenes and documentaries
- Screenwriting, directing, lighting, editing, post-production work
- Motion picture history, theoretical knowledge
- During the motion picture art practice, you will learn the regulations of dramatic composition, editing and production
- In the semesters of motion picture technique built on each other, you will get to know the form language of filmmakers, cameraman and sound editing works
- You will have the opportunity to make one-camera or multi-camera shootings, the acquisition of the operation of the most important post-production software, and try out various motion picture genres and roles
Film theory, history of motion pictures, motion picture art practice, motion picture technologies (cameraman studies, sound technique, video post-production, motion picture multimedia software); visual study- analysis and practice
STUDY WITH US IF...
you are interested in the various forms of motion pictures if you have mature visual intelligence and good cooperating and communication skills
-Motion picture maker at institutes specialized in mass communication and media
-In film post-production
-As an organizer in program production
-In editorial offices
-Motion picture maker working for advertising and PR experts
CURRENT ACADEMIC STAFF MEMBERS INCLUDE
GYÖRGY BÁRON DLA Balázs Béla and Táncsics Mihály Award-winning film critic, editor
IBOLYA FEKETE, Balázs Béla Award-winning film director, screenwriter
FRANCISCO GÓZON Balázs Béla Award-winning cinematographer
DÁNIEL BÖHM sound engineer
MARI MIKLÓS HSE – Balázs Béla Award-winning film editor
KLÁRA TRENCSÉNYI, director, cinematographer
JÓZSEF PACSKOVSZKY DLA Balázs Béla Award-winning screenwriter, film director
GYÖRGY PÁLOS DLA Balázs Béla Award-winning cinematographer, film director
ATV, Átrium Film & Theatre, MAFILM, Hungarian Film Laboratory, Hungarian National Digital Archive and Film Institute, Pesti Magyar Theatre, Schwindl Kft., Ufa Hungary, Visionteam L.O. Filmtechnical Service Ltd. , Origo Film Studio, Video Assist Hungary Ltd.
QUALIFICATION AS SPECIFIED IN DIPLOMA
Film and media specialist
2375 EUR/semester for EU-students (includes the Member States of the EU, EEA and Turkey)
3150 EUR/semester for non-EU students
“At the specialization, we were given the opportunity and help to acquire comprehensive knowledge about filmmaking. The most important thing, however, is that we could make new friends, we could work together with our teachers, and we can look upon them as both professionals and persons.”
Graduate student MÁRK SZEBENYEI
“During my university years I could make acquaintances which will hopefully accompany me in my all life. One such experience is that at the shooting of Karlovy Vary award-winning film “It’s not the time of my life” I could be the assistant of director and our professor Szabocs Hajdu, and could learn from my role model directly.”
Graduate student MÁTÉ KONKOL
“This specialization promised I could taste everything, from sound through cinematography to script-writing, directing – this was exactly I was looking for. Everything I learned from the profession I learned from my professors and classmates. The excellent teaching staff lay the groundwork for good taste and quality in films I would like to manifest in the future.”
Graduate student ÉVA TÖRÖK
- 19TH FALUDI FILM FESTIVAL Richárd Herczeg: Best editor;
- PÁZMÁNY FILM FESTIVAL Máté Batka: Pro Educatione Association special prize, Zétény Vörös: Traditions, society, culture category, 1st prize;
- BERLINALE Roland Ferge: Away (cinematographer: Ákos K. Kovács) Generation Kplus section, certificate of merit;
- 23TH NATIONAL STUDENT FILM FESTIVAL Zoltán Jakobetz: Trophy, Mediawave professional award, Bence Sipos: Shift, MTVA special prize for young filmmakers
HEAD OF SPECIALIZATION
DIÁNA GROÓ, DLA, film director, scriptwriter, master instructor
Specializations are launched only if the sufficient number of students wish to join the specialization.